Life has been anything but normal this spring and we sincerely hope you and your family are in good health. We are happy to inform you that we are now able to once again provide dental care for you [and your family.] The Ministry of Health has lifted the restrictions placed back in March. While many things have changed since then, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety.
We have missed seeing the smiling faces of our patients for what has felt like forever. The decision back in March to close Smile Dentistry at Herons Hill due to the COVID-19 pandemic, as unprecedented as it was, was not taken lightly and was absolutely necessary for the safety of our team, our patients, and the community around us.
Having gone above and beyond the most current guidelines for the dental offices in Ontario (RCDSO) by implementing extra enhanced measures and aerosol management equipment, Smile Dentistry is open and ready to provide the complete level of care that our patients have been accustomed to for so many years.
Our focus at Smile Dentistry has always been to exceed our patients’ expectations. As such, we have gone to great lengths and meticulous planning to assure that our patients and our team are in an environment that keeps everyone safe and healthy at all times. From the moment that you enter our office, during the time of your treatment, and until the moment that you leave, our enhanced
protocols and specialized equipment will be in place for your added protection.
SAFETY AT SMILE DENTISTRY
In addition to always maintaining the highest health and safety standards for infection prevention and control (IPAC)….. enhanced protocols and specialized equipment will be in place.
- COVID-19 preappointment health screening questionnaire by phone or by text (at least one day prior to appointment) and then in person prior to entering for your appointment.
- Touchless temperature taking at the door prior to entering the office.
- Hand sanitization station prior to entering the office and at multiple areas in the office.
- All patients will be given a mask to wear at all times that they are in the office (can be removed only when undergoing treatment).
The office will look different:
- Plexiglass shields are in place to protect our administration team while they are looking after your appointment, billing, and communication needs.
- The waiting room is void of all magazines and pamphlets, and has minimal “specific circumstance” seating fulfilling the requirements for safe distancing and minimized cross contact.
Your (and our) safety and protection in the treatment rooms will exceed the current RCDSO and Ontario Ministry of Health guidelines for dental offices.
- Our treatment rooms, while already surrounded by floor to ceiling walls, have sliding doors to completely separate each room from the rest of the office.
- During every treatment with your dentist or your hygienist, the unavoidable droplets, sprays and aerosols generated will be captured immediately (only inches away from your mouth).
- Each treatment room will have its own air filtering and purification system…a state of the art multi-stage medical grade system to rid the room of any potential viruses, bacteria, allergens and vapours.
We may look different with our masks, shields, head coverings, and gowns but under all of that are the same smiling and caring faces that will be very happy to see you.
Your health and safety, the health and safety of your families, friends and co-workers, and the health and safety of our entire Smile Dentistry Team, is and will always be our number one priority.
We are happy and excited again to be doing what we love to do…help everyone with their oral healthcare needs and enjoy the time that we get to spend with all our wonderful patients. We look forward to seeing you again. If you have any questions, please let us know. To make an appointment, call our office at 416-494-1400 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for patience and loyalty throughout this ordeal. We value your trust and look forward to welcoming you back!
Dr. Ajay Singh, Dr. Vishal Rajgor and
the Team at Smile Dentistry at Herons Hill